Background

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Recycling Holiday Cards

I keep all of my cards I receive from Christmas, birthday's, thank you's, etc.. in a memory box in my room. In fact, I have so many cards I now have 2 boxes simply full of cards! My mom and husband would tell me to "get rid of them, already!" But I am the kind of person to turn one person's trash into another person's treasure. With that said, I decided it was time to purge my inventory and decided to turn them into gift tags!



I began by going through my cards and set aside the ones that I could finally let go of and start creating gift tags with. I also have lots of scraps of scrapbook paper that I used for tags as well.

Cut the pieces in 2-3" pieces, mount them to coloured or plain cardstock, punch a hole, add a ribbon and voila! A recycled card turned into a gift tag!

And there you have it!  A recycled card that someone else will be able to enjoy!

Saving the verses

I like the thought of taking the insides of your cards (where all the personal greetings are) and put them into a scrapbook. That way you are still saving the memories, only this time they are in one simple book vs. taking up loads of room scattered in boxes!

No comments:

Post a Comment